Friday 24 July 2015

Le Select, a Contemporary Realsim oil painting of Paris -

Le Select -
80x80 cm -
oil on canvas

Le Select is one of the historical literary cafés in Paris. It haunts my paintings.  I've painted the elaborate neon sign, those lovely neons which are quickly disappearing. I've painted the terrasse, the garçons during the day, the interior, and a wide night scene of boulevard Montparnasse where Le Select is on one corner. This composition reflects another Parisian cafe scene I did while living in New York five years ago. The Cafe Flore.





2 comments:

  1. All I can say is, "Ummm. yumm....". Your paintings touch my most sensual (not sexual) roots and I can always feel where I am, smell it, and see it. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, I was unable to respond because of no internet the last few weeks. Thank you for the kind words. More great stuff coming

      Delete

Hi from Paris!