Saturday 1 October 2011

133 Haribo Tagada



Haribo Tagada
oil on gessoboard
15x15cm (6x6 inches)

It was nice to catch a ray of sunshine in my studio for about an hour.  The direct sunlight makes lovely contrast, much more inspiring than electric lighting. Note that only the sac and shadow are painted, the background is just the color from the defective tube of Ivory black that I bought.  It tends towards a red-purple.  I'll be sorry when the tube is finished because I don't know what color to look for.  The color is close to mixing normal Ivory black and cadmium red but the consistency is different.  Ivory black is smooth like soft butter and cadmium red is pasty.  This defective tube of Ivory black that I'm using is neither and even if I mix the latter two the consistency is just not the same.

This will be for sale at the Grand Marché d'Arte Contemporain 28 October-1 November 2011 - Bastille, Paris.
STAND 54 under the tent.  If you need tickets let me know.  There are over 1000 artists exhibition and the quality is pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi from Paris!