Monday 14 November 2011

150 Tuscany Surprise!

Tuscany Surprise!
n 150
oil on gessoboard
15x15cm (6x6 inches)
with the help of my 3yr old kid.
and other available paintings.
It has been too long that Mario Cappelletti from La Bottega in Castellina in Chianti has asked me for new paintings.  I promised that after the GMAC I would work for  him so from now until the end of the year I'm dedicating my time to new Tuscan paintings.  It is refreshing to return to a subject matter that I worked on from 1990 to 2006.  The first years were a discovery, riding on a 200E beige colored vespa into the Tuscan hills and painting from life under rainstorms or at sunrise.  
I'll be posting photos of some of the most historic moments when I lived in Chianti and worked in La piazza.  Great times.  Refreshing it is also to relook old palette combinations with a sure hand and the desire for abstraction.  The above photo was taken with my HTC mobile and needs to be replaced with a high resolution image when the batteries recharge for my digital camera. It is a messy looking painting but I like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi from Paris!