Monday 13 August 2012

Experimenting with spray paints

This is one of the largest paintings I've done recently; 100x150cm.   I decided to post my progress.  It may become the invitation to my next show:  The Grand Marché d'Art Contemporain at the Bastille (Paris) from 1 to 5 November.  We'll see when it's finished.


An exciting thing that I recently wished for is to utilize spray paints in my paintings.  To my delight, when I moved into my new space I discovered boxes of spray paints that my friend left for me.    
It's great to be experimenting again. 

Here is a detail.  I think that it blends well with my urban landscapes.  I love that the colors dry so quickly and leave an absorbent matt surface.  It makes for great contrast with the oils.


Here is a detail of the top left corner, looks like an iced cake, that's the spatula knife.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi from Paris!