Thursday 23 June 2011

Tarte au citron on a plate n 122




Tarte au citron on a plate
N°122-
15x15 cm  (aprox 6"x 6'" inches)
oil on gessoboard, made in Italy

This poor tarte seemed so tired by the time I painted it.   When I picked it up to put it back on the paper doily it broke.  Then I picked up everything I needed to leave the atelier which was way to much to carry at once but we are supposed to be multitasking, right? 
 I had a black sketchbook under my lap top under a large water color palette under a plastic plate that carried several tubes of watercolor paint and three brushes that kept rolling around.  My ginormous sac was over my shoulder and in the other hand the plate with the broken tarte au citron and my keys.  Of course a paintbrush rolled off the plate, then with a jerk of my free hand to grab the brush, that is the one holding the plate and the keys, the tarte slipped to the floor.
Needless to say I didn't eat it.  Surely it was awful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi from Paris!